Briltime will inform you of the purpose for collecting personal information when we collect it from you and keep it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, as required by applicable laws or for legitimate purposes. "Personal Information" is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include name, address, email address, phone number or payment card number. We collect Personal Information for a variety of reasons, such as processing your order, providing you with a product subscription, enabling the use of certain features of our Solution or personalizing your experience. We may combine the information we collect from you with information obtained from other sources to help us improve its overall accuracy and completeness, and to help us to serve you better.
In order to buy the services, you will be directed to a "Purchase" section where you can register with your personal information. Then, in order to avail the subscription of the services, you will need to make a payment via a credit card. Once the payment has been cleared, you will receive a confirmation on the email ID you provided us during registration. This email ID or an Individual Identity (ID) will also be your username.
If you choose to provide third party Personal Information (such as name, email and phone number), we will assume that you have the third party's permission to provide us the information.
In some instances, Briltime may collect non-personal (aggregate or demographic) data through cookies, web logs, web beacons and other similar applications. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of our Solutions. Please read the "Cookies" section below for more information. In addition, by using some of our Solutions, anonymous network information may be transmitted to us such as the performance of the Solution and types of devices attached to the network. With this information we can determine how users are interacting with the Solution, to assist us with improving it, to manage your network, and to provide alerts via the Solution of available software updates / upgrades.
We will only use your Personal Information in the way we specified when it was collected. We will not subsequently change the way your Personal Information is used without first asking for your permission. Some of the ways we may use Personal Information include to deliver a Solution that you have requested, support our Solutions, contact you for customer satisfaction surveys, personalize websites and newsletters to your preferences, administer and process your certification exams, or communicate for marketing purposes. You have the right to change your information or third party information submitted by you at any point in time by contacting Briltime. The username for BrilNet and BrilCloud services have to be submitted once at the time of registration and it cannot be subjected to any change for the period of a year or till the annual subscription validity of the account.
We need your help in keeping your Personal Information accurate and up to date so please notify us of any changes to your Personal Information.
We make good faith efforts to honor your reasonable request to access and correct your data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if we are not required to retain it by law or for legitimate purposes.
We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
We give you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our Solutions. You can manage your communication preferences and unsubscribe using one of the following methods:
- Each promotional email from us includes instructions on how you can unsubscribe from that particular mailing.
- Sending a message via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your name and specific relevant information about the material that you no longer wish to receive.
- These choices do not apply to the receipt of mandatory service communications that are considered part of certain Solutions, which you may receive periodically unless you cancel the Solution in accordance with its terms and conditions.
- Within Briltime across any of our services for purposes of marketing communication, data processing or storage.
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors to provide a requested service or transaction, including processing orders and credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting seminar registration and providing customer support. We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of Personal Information necessary to complete/provide the requested service or transaction. We do not allow third parties to use your Personal Information for a different purpose.
- To comply with the law or legal process (such as responding to subpoenas or court orders) and to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected or potential fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Briltime's terms and conditions for any Briltime service offered to you, or as otherwise required by law.
We are committed to protecting the Personal Information you share with us and utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We recommend you to take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. When you enter sensitive information on our forms, we encrypt this data using SSL or other technologies.
We will only retain your Personal Information to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required for legitimate purposes or permitted by law.
Like many websites, Briltime reserves the right to use automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website such as your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived at our website. They may also collect information about your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web, allowing Web servers to locate and identify your computer, which is a unique address assigned to your PC by your Internet Service Provider or Information Systems Department on a TCP/IP network) and clickstream behavior (for example, the pages you view and the links you click). These tools help make your visit to our website easier, more efficient and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return.
If you participate in a discussion forum or chat room on a Briltime website, you should be aware that the information you provide there will be made broadly available to others, and can be read, collected or used by other users of these forums, potentially inside or outside Briltime, who have access to that discussion forum or chat room. This information could also be used to send you unsolicited messages. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Each participant’s opinion on a forum or chat room is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of Briltime. We are not responsible for the Personal Information or any other information you choose to submit in these forums.
Briltime may store your information on cloud infrastructure not owned and controlled by Briltime.
For information, please visit our contact page, available at 'http://web.brilcloud.com'.